Saturday, April 27, 2013

Almost Elephant Mountain


Named after four animals- Tiger, Lion, Panther, and Elephant- The Four Beast Mountains are the closest mountains to Taipei and offer some of the best views of the city.


Elephant Mountain is probably the most popular, as it's the easiest to get to and has great views of the 101. I thought I was going up Elephant Mountain.



I did not go up Elephant Mountain.



If you know anything about me, you know things don't always go according to plan. Instead of taking the time to plan out where I was going and all that fun stuff I figured I'd just roll with it. There had to be signs, right?


Of course there were signs! Not English signs, but there were signs. I forgot the minor detail that I can't read Mandarin.


But, it all worked out because I found a quiet and peaceful trail with beautiful views of its own.



About half way up the mountain was a small temple. Music filled the air, a relaxing soundtrack that could be heard the whole way up the mountain.



It started to rain as I reached the top, but it was actually a refreshing break from the humidity.



I guess I still haven't made it up the main Elephant Mountain Trail, but I'll get there someday!



Sorry about the lack of updates!

You can check out more pictures here.
<3

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, these pictures are great...especially the "What About the Food?" section, which I usually check out first! YUM! So much of it really does look delicious...not a good idea to look at it while hungry! I think I'll get Chinese takeout tonight! Keep 'em coming!
    Love, Aunt Andrea

    ReplyDelete